This is a summary outline of the responsibilities initially required of the Chief Operating Officer of Nachman Norwood & Parrott Wealth Management Consultancy. This description may be modified as necessary or appropriate.
Summary of Essential Duties
The Chief Operating Officer leads and manages the Firm’s business functions critical to its success and has primary responsibility to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the firm. This team member will be charged with supporting the firm’s strategic initiatives and other firm wide projects while building a cohesive and healthy team environment.
- 4-Year college degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in the financial service industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading, planning, and managing in a client-oriented setting
- Experience leading and developing a team of professionals to consistently meet priorities and goals
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Human Resources
- Advanced with computer systems and software (knowledge of industry software a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong organizational management skills
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team building abilities
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with others
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- A strong desire to succeed!
- Govern operational development; responsible for implementing firm wide initiatives with support from team resources.
- With Executive Team, determine the overall organizational structure, organizational chart, defining positions, roles and responsibilities and providing job descriptions and structure.
- Oversee Strategic Planning Initiatives
- Oversee personnel systems related to hiring, retention, compensation, performance review and employee management. Ensure team members are operating in their highest capacity and every relationship and team member has a backup.
- Institutionalize business practices and procedures to improve efficiency and productivity, with focus on scalability and process driven business model.
- Review and oversee client process, checklists and materials; establishing core systems relative to key business functions.
- Coordinate with Executive Team to review and oversee technology systems, strategies and develop solutions as needed.
- Review client service model and ensure best practices are implemented firm wide.
- Oversee and manage various internal committees to achieve defined goals and objectives.
- Impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- Serve clients with the highest professionalism, and maintain a strong commitment to provide quality service
- Prompt and effective follow-up; deadline focused
- Energetic, eager to learn, willing to cooperate
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and also under direction to create a positive experience for clients, team members, strategic partners and vendors
- Be a model of hard work, timeliness, positive attitude, support of team and support of the firm’s values and mission
- Able to manage and get along with diverse personalities
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Comfort with being a “team player” and doing whatever is needed, big or small
- Must seek training and keep up-to-date on the latest office programs, procedures, and technology to maintain the highest level of competency within the workplace
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to identify and offer solutions for improvement across the team
- Is an example to others by effectively following all firm standards, practices and procedures
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to modify, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Interested in this opportunity?